Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Family Counselor
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach

My son refused to go to school today. We have been working

Customer Question

My son refused to go to school today. We have been working on getting h im to understand the importance of following thru with commitments such as school and football. He has had difficulties with both in the past. So far this year he has gone to school everyday with no issues. But today he didn't want to go. He said he would do all his ,makeup work if he got to stay home. My husband wanted to call the sherif and or pick him up and take him to school in his Pj's. I didn't like those soltions so I gave up. He is home, he is not doing his makeup work Im not sure what to do?!
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the problem with your son refusing to attend school. How old is he? How is the football going? Does he want to play or is he being parentally forced...maybe by dad? Did he offer an explanation of why he did not want to attend school? Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
As the day has progressed he has threatned running away. And threatned reporting us to child abuse! This is running very deep for him and I don't think you will b e of any help. We need a counslor or something...
I'm not going to pay for your advice!
Ok...that is fine. We do have other experts who may be to assist you further. Best of luck.