proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

Teacher who has labeled my child

When my 4 year old girl started school there were a few hiccups but ts less now.  I am not sure how to respond to a teacher who says the other childern wouldn't do that there not like that, without asking them and then blame yours? Also the same teacher embarrased me at the school gate by saying my child did not have a good day and was very rude and then would not provide you with the details surrounding the rudeness even when i asked several times.

Can you help how I should approach this as do not want to aggreviate matters but want them to understand I have my childs best interests at heart.and do not take kindly to her telling me, mummy my teacher shouts at me but not all the time.

Thanks Martina

Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the problems that your daughter is experiencing. What you need to do first is to observe your daughter on several occasions inside the classroom and outside the classroom like during playtime. Take copious notes of everything that you observe. Then have a conference with the teacher and the director of the school and bring to their attention any unfair or inadequate behavior between the teacher and your daughter that you observed. Do not feel like you will be aggravating the situation. You have the right to stick up for your daughter especially when she may be being singled out by the teacher. Also you may find out that other children are picking on your daughter. Since your daughter is so young, she cannot verbally explain everything that is happening at school. All you know is how she reacts to situations and she is getting into trouble but there may be more to these situations than what you are hearing.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.