proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

When my 2-year old wakes up he is very very cranky and crying.

When my 2-year old wakes up he is very very cranky and crying. Only TV can transition him back to life. Is this a normal behaviour for him?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. What types of shows does your 2 year old watch to be soothed? Does your 2 year old have to watch the tv in the day or night to fall back to sleep? Thanks!!!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
he demands 2 of his favourite cartoons- cars or Blue's Clues. He wants it after he wakes up, not before he goes to bed.

Your son's behavior is perfectly normal. Two year olds love routines and become accustomed to the same things over and over. It may be a toy, certain music, a blanket, or even tv or a video that your son may need to calm down. Be thankful that at least you have something that works!!!!!Laughing Have a wonderful day!!!