proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

my daughter is 17 years old, just out of (since July)a rocky

Customer Question

my daughter is 17 years old, just out of (since July)a rocky 2 year relationship. It has effected her self confidence and has been distressing for her. She has been experiencing loss of appetitite and nausea when food has been prepared for her. she is eating, but not as regularly as she had been. She has always had a poor/small appetite, but I am worried. I have discussed the relationship issue etc., but she no longer wants to discuss this, or anything else that might be worrying her as she feels I am interfering. I am most worried out her eating and would like advice on how to improve this.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the events that your daughter is experiencing. It is normal for teenage girls to use view food in a negative manner after a break up. Since she will not listen to you that much, contact her pediatrician for a referral to a nutritionist or a counselor who deals with eating disorders. Your daughter needs professional assistance to seek intervention and coping strategies before she develops an eating disorder that spirals out of control.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have been to a doctor who advised she is within her weight range, so as long as I ensure she is 'eating' then she should be ok.

I cannot broach the sub

Counseling may help if she begins to shed pounds. Have a great day.