proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

Hello, I am a new mom and I have a beautiful week old newborn.

I am a new mom and I have a beautiful week old newborn. My boyfriend wants to take her to visit his family, sev work in ER and his little 6 yr old brother , in first grade, always wants to hold her and kiss her. My mom is a nurse and tells me that good hand washing very important and no kissing a newborn on face expecially when some work in hospital and little ones go to large schools and are exposed to many illnesses. Is my mom correct?
YES!!!!!!! Your mom is extremely correct. Newborns faces are very sensitive. Limit kissing and touching on the face. Touch arms or feet. Do not touch or kiss hands because they like to put them in their mouths as well. Children in an elementary school setting are exposed to many germs and illnesses daily so hand washing is a necessity when it comes to being around the baby.!!!Laughing