proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

how do i get my daughter to stop yelling at my 3 yr grand

Customer Question

how do i get my daughter to stop yelling at my 3 yr grand daughter
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. How old is your daughter? Is she married? Does she work? Is your grand daughter in pre school? Thank You!!!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

my daughter is 23and a half ,she is not married ,divored ,not to the childs father she does work,grand daughter is in preschool 2 days a week ,Im the care giver to my grand daughter,

thankyou kim

Hello and thank you for responding. Tell your daughter that young children learn through observation. If your daughter keeps yelling at your grand daughter, then the grand daughter will feel that it is acceptable to yell and scream when you want your way. She will go to elementary school with the idea that if she yells,people will listen. I wonder what your grand daughter's behavior is currently? Just tell your daughter that all of the yelling is not helping. When you discipline your child, you are ultimately supposed to teach them right from wrong. Yelling will only cause your grand daughter to possibly develop anxiety which could led to emotional problems which can easily be avoided by decreasing the yelling. Also, your daughter may be facing a great deal of stress as a young , single, divorced mother. She may need to take a few parenting classes. She may just be very frustrated with her current situation and takes it all out on her daughter.