Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Family Counselor
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach

My son Michael is acting out at home as well as school. The

Customer Question

My son Michael is acting out at home as well as school. The teacher has called and says he talks during all activities. It is only the second week of school and we are back where we were when last year ended. I will not try to sugar coat it... he is very mean when something is said against him or he doesnt get his own way. When asked about this incident with talking, he called his teacher a lier and started his screaming toward myself and his mother. He acts the same way with his homework like its a punishment, screaming and crying. There is a lot to ask, but this is the worst. If you have suggestions, it would help us greatly.

thank you,
Port Huron, MI
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the problems that you are having with your son. What grade is he in? How long has he behaved in such a manner? Is he an only child? Have there been any recent major changes in his life? Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

He is in the 4th grade. He has a brother that is 1 year younger than him in the 3rd grade. Probably started acting this way the last couple years.

Two more questions: Have you mentioned th behavior to his pediatrician? Has your son ever had counseling?