proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

My 19 year old daughter is a new freshman in college. She called

My 19 year old daughter is a new freshman in college. She called in tears about her boyfriend of 2 years off at another university after seeing pictures of him with a girl all over him.

What words of advice would you give her?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. I am sorry to her about what your daughter is experiencing. However, she is young and long distance relationships are hard. She should ask her boyfriend about the picture. If the girl was throwing herself on the boyfriend, then he should have spoken up and said he had a girlfriend. However when boys go away to college, they feel entitled to explore the party life and do not feel like being tied down to one girl. It happens all the time because they are not married. Your daughter will feel crushed and hurt for months to come. But now she was able to see another side of her boyfriend and he probably has not been truthful to her. Tell your daughter that it is not worth ruining her studies over a guy. He obviously does not consider that their relationship was exclusive. She will meet other guys and find her true prince charming when she least expects him to appear on the scene.