proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

I would like to have a 1 month houseguest that would would

I would like to have a 1 month houseguest that would would save us a lot of money by riding our horses for free (I have a broken knee and can't ride and our business is horses) rather than paying riders every day. However, my wife is very anti the idea of her staying in the house. She is 8 months pregnant and uses that as the excuse. I don't see what the difference in being pregnant or not is regarding having an extra person in the house. It's not like my wife would need to entertain or cook, etc. Is being in the last month of pregnancy really that stressful that it's a valid excuse to not have someone else living with us even if they are helping with the business?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. Who is this other female that would be living in the house? Is she a friend or a relative? Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have never met her, she is a friend of my sister's, about 19 ys old and is here to ride the horses
Because of the physical condition of your wife, her emotions are heightened. She needs as little stress as possible. I think she would be more receptive to a male riding the horses than a female. I do not think she feels comfortable having another woman, especially 19 years old, in the house with her husband. I am not saying that anything would happen but it is just not a good situation. Your wife might not admit that reason but I am sure that it has crossed her mind.