proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

My 20 year old is being disrespectful...he will not get out

My 20 year old is being disrespectful...he will not get out of bed to do a simple job for me..he told me last night he would wake up early this morning and do is 130 and he said he needs to sleep..and yelled at me..i got mad and put my knee on his face..he then got up and yelled at me not to do that..this has happen in the wife and i are struggling..he did not want to go to college and pretty much does not work..he makes and creates music by himself..he is talented in that ..but i do not know what to
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the problems that you are having with your son. You have 2 options: 1. Go to family counseling or 2. Kick your son out of the house if he refuses to abide by the house rules. I am not sure if the situation is that bad. However, your son is an adult. He cannot sit around and be a bum and feel like you should cater to his needs. Kicking him out would be extreme but it is tough love. You can give him a chance to improve. If he does not, he must go.