proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

Hello, I have a 14 years old teenage daughter that does a

I have a 14 years old teenage daughter that does a lot of online chatting with boys, mostly on the sexual subject. She is attracted to older guys, and we have caught her 3 times.
Six month ago she met with a 28 years old guy after a movie. I had discounted her cell and internet for 6 weeks. During this period she was very friendly, more interactive and calm. Based on her promise we gave her second chance. She started going Yoga classes, and doing other sports activity.
About 4 weeks ago she got caught by her mom while getting into the car of a 17 year old guy at 3:00 in the morning. She begged her mom not to take away her cell phone and internet. We were going to call the Police, to make complain about the boy having relationship with 14 years old at 3:00 in the morning.
Since then we paid more attention to her internet and cell phone usage, and tracked/watched her activities. We have discovered now that she is getting involved with another boy who is 17 years old and keep taking about having sex with him 3 hours after she meets him in a community fair.
We have talked to her many times about her strange behavior at home, and warned her about improper usage of cell phone and internet usage, or talking to strangers. She does not think we can see her online activity and she continues doing what gives her the pleasure. She is a good student, but somehow this sexual desire is making her a liar, manipulator, and always trying to hide something.
I was going to print all her conversation, confront it with her; disconnect the internet, Facebook and cellphone. Is this a right decision? We had talked to her so many times, but somehow it does not work. I am asking my family doctor to make an appointment with a counselor to get help.
Please give me your advice on how to handle the situation properly without making the situation worst.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.

Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the problems that you are having with your daughter. You are in fact on the correct path in seeking counseling for your daughter. Additionally since you have given her several chances to improve her behavior, she must suffer some consequences for her inappropriate behavior. Taking her cell phone away and the other actions would be a wise idea. She needs to have any temptation removed for a while so she cannot contact such older gentlemen. Also, limit her activities outside the home unless she is supervised by an adult. She is probably being manipulated greatly by the friends she hangs out with. For teen age girls, it is "cool" and a status symbol to have an older boyfriend. However, it would not be "cool" if she ended up pregnant. The guys would not care. They are simply using your daughter unfortunately.

Have a great Monday!!!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your feedback, one question I have should I contact Police and complain about the man who is talking to her regrading sexual ctivity and saying removing her virginity. I dont know the law, please advise.
If the man is 18 and over, contact the police for sure. Younger than 18, you can still contact the police as well as the boy's parents.