proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

hi my wife 35 is indonesian, i am australian 57 we have a daughter

hi my wife 35 is indonesian, i am australian 57 we have a daughter 5 yrs old. i have had a stroke and am now disabled
my wife like many asians gives our child a lot of latitude and consequently she[our daughter] dictates more to us than i would like, resulting in a constant dialogue
i feel its a losing battle, considering my state, and really most asian children turn out quite respectful. what are your views about discipline should i be the grumpy old man.
my wife and i have different views and i have suggested a parenting course
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. You and your wife must be on the same page when it comes to parenting your daughter or else she will receive mixed messages as to what rules she should follow and how she should behave. A parenting class that you both attend could steer you on the right track in trying to come to terms on an agreeable parenting style. Additionally, you do not want to be a grumpy old man. Nobody will win in that situation.