proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

my son asks me for help and advice regarding the following

Customer Question

my son asks me for help and advice regarding the following:
his 22 year old son has been lying to him and his wife about being accepted back into the university after achieving a better grade level, which he said he got ( but didn't), he went back to school, rented a house, bought furniture ( charged it to his father's account without permission) all of which he lied to his parents,includ-ing forging his school grades .his paents have been loving, caring and honest with their son all his growing years. they told him to sell the furniture and apply the $s to the charged account, get a job and pay the balance, find a buyer for the house,etc.
What do you suggest they do?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the problems with your grandson. He needs to learn a big time lesson especially if he took advantage of the good nature of his parents. Maybe he should be forced to live at home with his parents since he is not mature enough to be out there on his own. He obviously cannot make grown up decisions and therefore still needs the guidance of his parents. He needs to live at home and pay rent to his parents . Also selling the furniture and paying the patents would be great.

Hope this helps. Have an awesome day.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

your answer was simplistic but I found it to be lacking in gidance about:

what rules should he have to live by living at home

their concern is being able to trust him in their house

what should they do if he violates that trust and damages it

getting a job and going to college is difficult in my opinion,do you agree

what comes first

should they ever consider having him leave the nest

thanx

The question is open to other experts to assist. I have opted out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I sent you additional comments and was waiting for a response.

I am quite surprised that you "opt" out of this dialogue and put it out to other "experts".

Needless to say, as is stated , I found your response lacking in

those areas I asked about.

Looking forward to " their advices and imput"

Open to other interested experts.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

your answer is not satisfactory for it leaves a number of things not reviewed

I sent additional message hoping to get better advice and guidance

if nthing further is offered then I'm at a loss to reslove this issue

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I reject your response to my problem and, not only your lack of professinonal thought and guidance, but your in ability to comment further.

I sent you additional request and did not get an answer.

I don't have the desire to chase you for any further imput.

Therefore, don't respond further.

( I owe you nothing)