proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

NEED HELP!!!!!!! I have a 3 week old boy, 2 year old, and

NEED HELP!!!!!!!

I have a 3 week old boy, 2 year old, and a 4 year old girls... the 2 year old wont stop going into the bedroom with us and grabs the baby legs and arms. she wont stop touching him and jumping around him on the bed as the mom breast or formula feed him...she is always trying to touching him. all this in a loving way ofcourse ...even when she dosent touch him the 2 year old is very very hyper she wont sit by herself jumps around the roomand makes noise...what should i do...should i let her stay in the room.. or give the baby some peace...i am really confused. the 2 year old does have her own room..and tv....i am the girls step dad..there mom divorced..but the baby boy is from me...
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. Have you tried anything yet with regards XXXXX XXXXX management? Thanks!!!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Only time outs
Hello and Thank You for responding. Obviously your 2 year old is very excited to have a baby in the house but she probably thinks of the baby more of like a little doll. When she comes in the room with the baby, tell her to use "nice hands" when touching the baby. Show her how to gently touch the baby. Also, do not allow her to jump on the bed at all now. Buy her a special little chair that is really cute and child friendly. Put it in your bedroom. That way when she comes into the bedroom, she has a special area to sit quietly until Mommy is finished with the baby. You can even have a basket of books or toys nearby the chair that she can use. Her energy level is quite high and she needs to be redirected into doing things that settle her down. This will not happen overnight. It will take a month or so until it becomes a habit. The key is consistency and constant reminders off what is appropriate and what is not appropriate. Hope this helps. Have a great day!!!Laughing
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My wife docent like to close the bedroom door on them..is it ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I mean our bedroom. Iike it when she is feeding the baby to close the door
Oh no..never leave the baby in the bedroom just with the 2 year old. If the two year old must be in the room during feeding, keep the door open or closed. Another idea would be to close the door and put the chair and basket of activities outside the door. Your two year old cannot enter the room when it is feeding time. She has to sit in her special chair and look at books until Mommy is ready.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I mean to keep them outside the room
OK..It will be your responsibility to keep them quiet and occupied when Mommy is feeding the baby. Do not let them even attempt to open the door. It sounds like you have the most problems with your two year old. When she acts up, get right down to her eye level and tell her what she needs to be doing. Focus more on the positive behavior and really praise and reward her when she manifests it. Create a little sticker chart and give her a sticker when she is behaving well. After five to seven stickers, give her a special treat or take her on a special outing to the park or whatever she likes.
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience: Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor