proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

i have 2 step daughters ages 4 years 10 months and 2 years

Customer Question

i have 2 step daughters ages 4 years 10 months and 2 years and 6 months. they have there cousin which is 7 sleeping over in there room tonight. at 4:30 am i heard them up and talking. I went there room and saw that the light was on. the 4 year old was putting on white socks on on herself and the 2 year old cause her 7 year old cousin was wearing white socks she wanted to copy her. should i let her put them on or tell her she should be sleeping and the lights better be turned off. its not cold or anything. she just wanted tp copy them. and they are up talking right now. what should i do. also my wife is in the other room with our 3 week old baby we just had. she is barly getting any sleep. how should i handel this situation
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Oh...By all means..Tell the children that they should be asleep and it is not time to get up. Tell them that there should be no talking during sleep time especially because the baby and mommy need to sleep. Make sure they understand that all talking should be done before the lights go out at night. I previously told my children that play time and talking time started in the morning when the sun was out shining brightly.Laughing Anytime before that, unless it was a cloudy day, they had to remain in their beds or rooms very quietly.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what about days like friday and saturday when there is no school what time should they sleep. there regular time or can i extend it? or what about when relatives are over on the weekdays and weekends. what time should i give them then?
Hello...It is really a matter of personal choice but on Friday and Saturday nights, 9-10 is a decent bedtime even when relatives are over unless the excitement of having relatives is keeping them entertained and awake. Weekdays the bedtime goal should be anytime between 7-9. It all depends on what time they need to wake up the next day. They do need their sleep. Nobody likes cranky children who lack sleep.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here