How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask proexpert37 Your Own Question

proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 1374
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
proexpert37 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My child has been in Hopewell School District with Learning

Customer Question

My child has been in Hopewell School District with Learning Disabilities since he's been 3 1/2. He's gone through every school in our district, since he was 3 including summer school.,now he's 8 1/2 and we finally found out by experts he's Dyslexic. The teacher's we believe knew (we don't know for sure, but are very confident they knew) however, under "State Law" or "progress reports" under "IEP's" they covered themselves by saying "PROGRESS". They say it's "progress" however my 3rd grader is reading on a "kindergarten" level. They get away with it by saying "progress". The teachers are not certified in anyway, shape of form to teach a Dyslexic Person. Hell, they don't even use the word "Dyslexic" they treat it like it's a virus. Oh, Mr. & Mrs. Busch, "we don't use that Word". Well, WTF do "they" call it. Sorry, I'm very upset, frustrated, you don't even know how I'm feeling, other than I put my child down for the last 2 years of his life. We could of helped him and stopped the frustration that had happened in our house hold a long time ago. Instead, I'm really ashamed, what has occurred here. I didn't see it. I didn't know any better, he was our 1st child in the school district and we put our faith in our School District. We've asked meeting after meeting "could he possibly be Dyslexic" oh "NO" was their answer. We didn't know, there are no known family members with this sort of "Differene". How would we know? I can go on for hours my frustration about this, I feel like a horrible parent. whatever that's another question, i'll have to pay $22 worth to get that one answered. "Kidding" i just need to keep a positive spirit and Pray this Laywer tomorrow can help us, or we need to consider moving. Which we will for Ryan to get what needs and deserves to succeed as an adult. Funny, the school district are willing to read Ryan his ?'s on tests and him answer them Verbally. So, he doesn't have to read the question or write his answer, and that's helping him "How"? ARRGGHH, I'm soooo, frustrated and hurt, we could use alot of guidence. I hope your answer to us is in full detail, because I respect Dr. Phil his accomplishments and his success as a family and would LOVE to hear what he'd do in my situation. I know "it's not him answering this question as well" i'm putting my faith in "YOU", answering my ?, God knows you have our Answer, thank you and "You Rock" <[:o) Valerie Busch
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. Is your son in a regular classroom setting with an IEP? When is the next annual review for his IEP? Who classified him as dyslexic? I need a little background info and then I am going to do a little research about the next steps that you need to take as a parent because you do have rights.
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.

Hello...I know that you wanted an answer as soon as possible. I am not sure what state you are in but once you tell me, I can provide you with a resource. In the meantime, since you have a factual dispute of what is happening with your child, you may need to file Due Process because your child has fallen behind in regular class, may need to be in a special class, and you have problems that qualify for due process resolution.


You must formally request due process in order for a mediation or hearing to be scheduled. Due process requests are sometimes referred to as due process complaints. However, make sure that the information that you present is all factual.


You must provide specific written information about the dispute to initiate due process. There can be no hearing or mediation until you initiate the first step. You must also provide this written notice to the school district and send a copy to the state department of education branch responsible for special education. You can find more information at


Your written request must include the following information:

-your child's name and address

-the name of your child's school

-a description of the disputed issues including the facts relating to the issues

-your desired resolution-not only what you want for your child's education, but also that you want to be reimbursed for your due process costs, such as attorney fees, witness fees, and independent evaluation costs

-whether you want to mediate or go directly to a hearing


This step will get the ball rolling otherwise your son will be in the same situation. The school district is doing a disservice to your son.

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
< Previous | Next >
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther Woodstock, NY
  • Thank you so much for taking your time and knowledge to support my concerns. Not only did you answer my questions, you even took it a step further with replying with more pertinent information I needed to know. Robin Elkton, Maryland
  • He answered my question promptly and gave me accurate, detailed information. If all of your experts are half as good, you have a great thing going here. Diane Dallas, TX

Meet The Experts:

  • Rafael M.T.Therapist

    Rafael M.T.Therapist

    Family Counselor

    Satisfied Customers:

    MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
< Last | Next >
  • Rafael M.T.Therapist's Avatar

    Rafael M.T.Therapist

    Family Counselor

    Satisfied Customers:

    MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
  • Cher's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Extensive Experience working with Children/Teens; M.A. Teacher/Tutor 40+ yrs.; Parent of 2
  • Jennifer's Avatar


    School Psychologist

    Satisfied Customers:

    Collaborative parent consultation on everything from modifying behavior to child development.
  • professional_Alison's Avatar


    Child Care

    Satisfied Customers:

    Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare
  • Dr. L's Avatar

    Dr. L


    Satisfied Customers:

    Licensed as psychologist and marriage and family therapist
  • Dr. Shirley Schaye's Avatar

    Dr. Shirley Schaye


    Satisfied Customers:

    PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy
  • Eveningstargazer's Avatar


    Family Counselor

    Satisfied Customers:

    Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)

Related Parenting Questions