Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Family Counselor
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach

My 5 year old son is very sensitive to being told he isnt

Customer Question

My 5 year old son is very sensitive to being told he isn't behaving well, and yet he often behaves poorly. For instance, he frequently refuses to come to the dinner table, insisting that he is not hungry. What is a way to bring him in line without making him feel bad about receiving a "consequence" not behaving
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the problems that you are having with your son. Could you provide a little more background information about your son? How are some other ways in which he misbehaves? Does he cry alot or have tantrums when he cannot get his way? How does he relate with his friends? Does he go to pre-school or is he going to Kindergarten or First grade? Are both parents in the house? Are there other siblings in the household? Thank You!!!