proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

I am so frusterarted. my daughter 10 girl, is telling everyone

I am so frusterarted. my daughter 10 girl, is telling everyone that i dont play with her, that i ignore her etc far from truth. she tells them she wishes they were her mom. they cuddle her over it. i am tired of it. then when i tell white lies to my family about getting together etc she tells everyone i am a liar. she has no family boundaries and is very disrespectful. she uses excuses for everything and is VERY drama. how do i shut this down?she has a very happy household no other behavoiral issues and everything has been looked into medically.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the problems that you are having with your daughter. Have there been any recent stressors in your daughter's life? Has she always acted in such a manner toward you? Thank you!!!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no i dont think so not to this extremem. i dont see anything that has changed.
Hello and Thank You for responding. It seems as though your daughter can truly benefit from some counseling. She has not responded to your authoritative control and boundaries. Therefore, she needs at least a few sessions of counseling to learn how to be more respectful and honest toward you. There may be some underlying issues that may surface as well during the sessions. You can be a part of the sessions as well since she has so many issues with you. You can contact her pediatrician for a referral for a counselor. Your daughter needs to hear things from a neutral source who can provide her with a true perspective of what is really happening. You and your daughter could both benefit from counseling and your relationship can become strengthened. Thank you!!!