proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

My 10 year old in October is not afraid of answering back to

My 10 year old in October is not afraid of answering back to Adults. If he thinks he is right he will continue over the same things even if i have told he that is enough and now to be quiet. He will then go over other things and if you then ignore him he gets very angry. He is an intelligent slightly loud boy who has no problems at school. I give him warnings to turn games off and then he wonders why after 3 or 4 attempts i turn the games off he is trying to reason with me and starts shouting. Generally he is fine but recently we have been out with friends and he will either wind up the children we are with and back chat us in front of people. Any suggestions?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the problems that you are having with your 10 year old son. Does he back talk to all adults or is it more with people he knows like parents and family members? Is that the only behavior problem that he seems to have? Thank You!!!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Generally it is people he knows but if he has something to say he will say it regardless of who is there. You can't seem to reason with him.Constant warnings have no effect.

Apart from that he does have his hectic 5 minutes and won't settle, when his 5 year old brother acts older than him, but i think you expect that sometimes??

Hello and Thank You for responding. Your son seems to be having difficulties managing his emotions. He is unable to ascertain the boundaries between right and wrong. It sounds as though you have done all that you possibly can to assist him but with no continuous luck. Therefore, I would suggest a behavioral counselor that can be recommended by your son's pediatrician. Your son needs a neutral person that he can express his feelings with. He also needs to learn coping and intervention strategies of what to do and how to behave when things do not go his way. He also needs to learn how to be more respectful toward adults possibly through a series or role playing exercises with the counselor.

Hope this provides you with a little direction and insight. Have a great day.

proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience: Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor