proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

My grandson has been staying with us 2 nights and days since

Customer Question

My grandson has been staying with us 2 nights and days since birth and from the age of 8 months of age for the past 7 months has lived with us 4 days a week and sometimes 5. Recently after 2 days with his mother he was returned to us and had a massive bruise on his buttocks. When questioned about it she stopped us having any contact with him. He was always very happy to be with us and very well loved and nurtured. When he would go home his mother does not care for his basic needs most times. I am extremely worried about him and have started the process of compulsory mediation with the mother before I can file in court if no agreement can be reached. I feel that he will be feeling very abandoned yet his mother tells everyone he will forget us quickly. Can you tell me what this will be doing to him?

Days after stopping access the mother has put him in daycare 3 days a week from  6am to 6pm.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the problems that you are having with the mother of your grandson. What are you most concerned about at this point?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am most concerned about my grandsons mental health. Whether he will be feeling abandoned.

Hello...Your grandson is still very young and will not feel like you have abandoned him. He has no clear conception of time at his age. Hopefully, you will still be able to spend quality time with him even though it will not be as often. Right now, that is what will matter the most: the quality of the time and not the quantity.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here