Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Family Counselor
Experience:  Parenting Workshops, Teacher, PHD Clinical Psychology, 30 yrs. Exp. 4 Children

I live 550 miles from my 5 and 7 year old daughters. I hate

Customer Question

I live 550 miles from my 5 and 7 year old daughters. I hate the town the live in with their Mom. I am happy where I am but its not about me. Its about them. So what do I do
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Keane :

I can help you today.

Dr. Keane :

Is there a reason besides the fact that you like where you live to stay there? I am not saying move back to that particular town, but your daughters will grow up pretty fast and if they only see you infrequently they will never know who you are as they would if you saw them more often and could be part of their everyday lives. This is a most difficult part of divorce, so if you and your ex-wife could work something out and compromise on a closer location that would be the best solution. It seems you are not here right now so I'll check back for your response when I am back online.

Customer :

I am sorry maam The best relationship I have ever had with a woman. Thats not saying she is the best woman just that i never met anyone i got along with like this

Dr. Keane :

I am sorry I am not quite sure I understand your response, are you saying you are where you are because you are in a relationship, one that you are happy with? I am going to opt out since I have no other suggestion other than a compromise.