Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Experience:  PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy
45897396

I have a very sexually mature 12.5 yr old - he has armpit hair,

I have a very sexually mature 12.5 yr old - he has armpit hair, the beginning of facial hair and pubic hair, and his voice has already changed. I know masterbation is a normal thing for boys, but I just caught my son and our family pet together - the dog had been licking his private parts. Is this a normal sexual behavior for a young boy in the throws of puberty?

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. Yes, masturbation at puberty is normal. You might tell him that you understand that he gets sexually aroused at this point but that he should not be engaging in sexual activities with a dog.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Hi

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

You there?

Customer:

how "normal" is this kind of behavior - is there something to be very concerned about or is this just how boys experiment

Customer:

sorry it took me so long to figure out how this reply works

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

No,nothing to be worried about. Just a boy experimenting and exploring sexuality.

Customer:

So, I told him this wasn't right ,do we talk about it again?

Customer:

or just let it go

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

I would let it go.

Customer:

ok, thanks

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

If you have other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. If I have answered your questions, please click on ACCEPT and leave feedback. Bonuses are always appreciated. And if you think of questions after you have clicked accept, you may still post them in this chat.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Don't worry about him --- he's normal.

Customer:

thanks!

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

You're welcome!