proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

im having a lot of trouble with my ex partner, we split when

Customer Question

i'm having a lot of trouble with my ex partner, we split when i was 7 months pregnant. He's accused me of everything under the sun including dna doubts on our daughter. I've tried my absolute hardest to make it as easy as possible for him to see his daughter but he keeps throwing it back in my face. I don't know what to do anymore, or just stop all contact?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using the services of Just Answer. My name is Erica and I would be happy to assist you. I am sorry to hear about the problems that you are having with your ex. Has the child been born? Was paternity established through a DNA test or are you 100% certain the child is your ex's? Does he want to have a relationship with the child? Does he leave nearby? What has he specifically said? What have his parents specifically said? Thank you!!!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The baby is almost 6 months old, i am 100% sure he is her father. I was happy to go ahead with a dna test but his parents refused as they thought it would cause arguments between the two families. He claims he wants a relationship with her but he never makes any effort with arrangements and whenever i drop her off he always asks me to go out for dinner with him, he constantly texts me saying how much he's sorry he messed up and he wants me back. When he found out about my new partner he went mad even though we'd been broken up 8 months, he accused me of sleeping with him whilst we were together, even though i have only been with him a month. I havent heard from him since and i just dont know what to do for the best?
Hello and Thank You for responding. Your ex is angry for having a child with you and you are no longer together. Your ex is angry and jealous that you have a new man in your life. What is best is to keep the lines of communication open between your ex. You are in no way obligated to spend any time with him. Let him know that you are not interested in him but you want your child to have a relationship with dad. If he is currently difficult to deal with, just leave him and the issue alone until he has time to process the entire situation. He is going to say some hurtful and outrageous things but just react maturely without getting angry. He wants to push your buttons. In cases like this, the dads often become so irate that they sue for custody so be aware. In that case, you could contact Just Answer legal experts as well as an outside legal source.