proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

My 16 year old daughter has been seeing a boy who has been

My 16 year old daughter has been seeing a boy who has been abusive to her to the point where the police are involved. She keeps going back to him even though shes telling us she hates him. She has been lying to us constantly for months so we now can't believe a word coming out of her mouth. Nothing is ever her fault and all she says is that she can't talk to us. She keeps going to people who say what she want's to hear who are mostly drinker and drug users. It all got out of hand last night when I actually got physical with her. She wouldn't come home but I don't know what more I can do to make her see that constantly lying is breaking us all up. She says she wants us to trust her but every time we do she lets us down by lying and being going behing our back.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 5 years ago.

What question would you like feedback on?

Information request is intended for clarification purposes in order to assist you better. Any expert may reply back to you.

Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the problems that you are having with your daughter. She is obviously being influenced by the "wrong crowd" and could care less about her family right now. She is definitely struggling to assert her independence by being defiant in every shape and form. I understand that she received counseling at school which is not sufficient enough to cover all of her issues that are beyond educational realms. I would suggest that you contact her pediatrician and seek a referral for a psychologist or counselor who specializes in family therapy sessions in which your entire family can benefit from. Your daughter's issues are not happening in isolation as they are ripping the family apart. You have already tried talking and talking and talking to your daughter with no solution in sight. I would suggest the counselor or a psychologist who can reconnect your family and steer your daughter back on the right track through coping and intervention techniques because the individuals that she is currently associating with are catapulting her into areas that she does not need to venture into.
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience: Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor