Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Family Counselor
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach

My 17 year old son is emotionally bullyiing me. He is very

Customer Question

My 17 year old son is emotionally bullyiing me. He is very angry that I am a carer for my mother who is living with us and has been for many years. She was very independent and headstrong, causing many arguments in family but now needs assistance as she has been diagnosed with dementia. He feels deprived of my attention and is angry that I cannot be free to go with him and sister when I want as someone has to stay home so she is not alone.

My husband is also very angry about the situation and begrudges help to mum. I cannot put her in a home but social services tell me she can go to a dementia clinic twice a week. My family is not willing to compromise and mum does not want to be left alone in house although she is able to go out locally by herself, she is scared to stay alone. I am torn in all directions, and am in middle of arguments everyday. My teenage son and daughter are always angry with me and hate mum for taking me over. I feel desperate and dont know where to turn.
Please help
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the problems that you are having with your family. Your mom is very lucky to have you as her daughter. Why can't you put your mom in a home? Is it your choice, her choice, or financial reasons? Thank You!!!