proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

What is the normal time for introduction to significant other

What is the normal time for introduction to significant other? We have been going out almost a year and have moved in with each other. At court this morning the ex asked court for me to wait 6 more months and the judge granted 4 months. That I cannot introduce significant other till thanksgiving weekend.
I did not expect this kind of ruling or motion so I was not prepared with a proper response. But this seems a little extreme especially since it is going to impose a hardship on my visitations since we live together.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.

Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. If you have been dating each other exclusively and since you already live with each other, the usual time to wait is 9-12 months for an introduction of a significant other. It is perplexing why the judge would make you wait 4 more months. The only feasible reasons are to have the child/children make it through the summer without any drama and to start off the school year without drama, which there probably will not be. Unfortunately, you will have to comply with the judge's orders and not my or your opinions. :/ Have a great Tuesday!!!