Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Family Counselor
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach

I need a question answered. I have a 5 yr old daughter, that

Customer Question

I need a question answered. I have a 5 yr old daughter, that we are having issues with. She is having issues with having fits, tantrums etc. She has already been kicked out of a elementary school because of her conduct. We put her in VBS program for the week. And my inlaws had to go get her today. Said that she was crying and having a fit. Did not want to go in today. Had problems with her yesterday as well. It is the same way when we drop her off at daycare. Will have hard time trying to leave, she either cries, or tries to run out. She has thrown shoes and toys at the teacher. I just do not know if I have a child with a problem or just spoiled.She has been suspended from school this past year. Will run from the teachers. She is now at a McDonalds and mother in law states she is playing with herself. A little girl came up and tried to play, and my daughter ignored her.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the problems that you are experiencing with your daughter. Could you please provide me with a little back ground information regarding the situation. How long has your daughter behaved in this manner? Does she act that way around everybody including her friends? Is she starting kindergarten or just finishing it? Have you ever mentioned her behavior to her pediatrician? Please take the time to provide me with the background information and I will gladly assist you further.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay, This really has not started until after the winter break. And it got worse in March to end of school year. Like I stated, she has been suspended three times. The last three days of school was not even asked to come back. yes, She will be starting kindergarten this fall. Will be a new school and a new daycare. She was on a transfer fro the pre k program in another district. But she will be going to the school that we are zoned too. She will also have 2 cousins going to daycare and same school. Thought that it would be a benefit. She has friends, and she has her momments where she is fine, and then will not acknowledge them. But she is that way with adults. Gives them this grin look. We have talked to the dr and says that she is just spoiled. But also does not believe in meds. Principal has said Adhd, ODD, and anger management. Keep telling her it is time to grow up... Put her in time out, taken toys and things from her. Been to Disneyworld, and next week will be at SeaWorld all week. When she is good for the week, I will let her get something from Toys R US or Build a Bear. So, it is not like I neglect her. She is the only child and she is always with us. Part of the problem, I know..I just got to get this corrected.. I am lost.. Trying to decide if there is something wrong that she needs to see a dr.
Hello and Thank You for responding. I am going to take some time to analyze this case and provide you with my expert opinion. If you do not hear from me in a bit, check back late this evening or so. I would like time to process what may be going on.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here