proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

I have a 2year old and I started potty training him since he

I have a 2year old and I started potty training him since he was one and it didn't give any good results until now, he pees in the potty sometimes and other times in other places I try to use the pull-ups when we go out, but it happens alot, so he is not much home in his regular underwear and it doesn't seem to bother him when it gets wet or dirty. Often when I try to put him on a potty after he eats he gets cranky and doesn't want to seat on it, even if I read to him or let him watch TV. I'm so tired of changing dipers and want him to get to the next level. I heard many boys pee in potty, but demand a diper to poop in it untill they are 3. I don't want this to last 1 more year. I tried to seat him to poop when it usualy happens, but he just doesn't do it at all, and when I put him for a nap he poops in his crip and even gets in that nasty stuff!!! And my husband is annoyed when I leave him with bar bottom and he pees or poops on stuff and tells me to leave him alone and it happens when it happens, but I don't want it to continue another year or two. Help!
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. I can empathize with your potty training frustrations. Having raised 3 sons, I know what you are going through. However, no matter how much YOU try to get your son to pee and poop, the botXXXXX XXXXXne is that HE WILL do it when he is ready. You cannot force the issue because it is only making things worse. Just leave the potty training ordeal alone for a month or two or even longer. Your son is still very young to be completely potty trained even though all children are different. It will happen on your son's terms but you must be patient. A pediatrician once told me , "You never see 5 year olds walking around in diapers, do you? So give it a rest take a deep breath and begin the process in a few months.Laughing
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience: Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor