proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

I have two daughters, my oldest whom is 20 going to be 21 and

Customer Question

I have two daughters, my oldest whom is 20 going to be 21 and is now having a baby, due Oct and lives back in our home town. My other daughter 14 lived with me in another state due to leaving their father after many years of marriage. Well times are hard and where we moved things have not fully devolped yet. Schools are far as per friends of her age very diffrent from what she has been used to. well was going to move back so she would be around her other family and friends. after a few conflicks prior to me moving back I changed my mind and really have no reason to go back, accept my children are there now and dont want to let her think i just left her. I do not have the money to go and get a place. and start over Im just making it where i am now . My mom lives near me and is my only family here and in the other state is my two daughters and the ex and his family. Very confused.!! I love my girls and would do anything for them. Just not sure what to do.??? Sorry so long. Just can't take it any more. I have sole legal custody. Just want to do right for the little one (14). Any advice?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. How is the relationship with you and your daughters? Where do you daughters seem the happiest with regards to the living situation? What is the court date coming up relating to? Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Good I think, we've all been together as family all my kids lives a total married 21yrs. this all started 4 yr ago. My daughter the young one just went back in Feb. this year. if I would have never told her we about moving back then and then changing my mind last minute, she would have never left. Now it is what it is. I love her dearly both my girls. I just try hang in there a little more. Thank you
Hello..Do what is in the best interest of your children. You want to make sure they mature into emotionally healthy adults. Make sure you allow them to voice their true feelings about the living situation. Keep the communication open and honest. Your 14 year old is going through the tough teen age years and may be on an emotional roller coaster. If you think she made need counseling to receive intervention and coping strategies in dealing with everything, then you should pusue that route. If she seems happy and healthy in every way, just leave things alone for now. Just communicate with your children as often as possible and let them know that you will always love and support them through thick and thin!!!