proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

i am the father of a 12 yo girl, her mother and I divorced

i am the father of a 12 yo girl, her mother and I divorced 2 years ago, in our divorce agreement i am granted the whole summer to have my daughter with me in Pa.(she lives in Fl), mom is trying to turn her against me and is preventing her from visiting,talking on the phone and e mailing me,i am so worried about her emotional well being, should i be and do you have any suggestions
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.

Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the problems that you are having with your ex. Your situation happens quite frequently when one parent bad mouths the other in a divorced situation. As long as you continue to be the loving, supporting, and encouraging father, your daughter WILL begin to see that her mother is trying to make you out to be a bad person but your actions will speak volumes. Do not worry. Your daughter is old enough and will see the games that her mother is trying to play.Laughing