proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

From your experience out of 10 parents how many secretly wished

From your experience out of 10 parents how many secretly wished they could be child free again?
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. Is this just a general question or for a class or?????
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
General question. You and similar experts are in a position to see patterns that most are not. So I am curious how often parents "confess" the desire to be free from parenting.
I have had experiences with thousands of parents over the past years. I have never heard anyone of them openly admit that they wish they were free from parenting. Admitting that would almost seem like not loving or wanting your child. So therefore, parents do not admit it even if they secretly feel that way. What parents do admit is that they need more time away from their children doing adult things without the children every so often.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So if you had to guess x out of 10 secretly thought this. You answer would be...?
In today's world with the way some kids behave and how costly they are, I would presume 3 or 4 out of ten based on comments I hear parents make.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What comments have you heard more than once?

Parents will say: I wish I could go back to the good old days.

I wish my life was different.

I barely have any time for myself.

I am just a taxi driver.

How did my parents manage do it (raise children)?

Hope that assists you!!! Have a good day.Laughing