proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

My wife and i have been divorced about 6 years. My teen son

My wife and i have been divorced about 6 years. My teen son and his girlfriend disrespected my ex's home by having sex there about a year ago. My ex told my son's girlfriend not to return to her home. My son now lives with me. Since then, the girfriend has given birth to a baby girl. My ex and the girlfriend have since then spoken and are trying to put this behind them and were doing very well. My ex went to the girlfriends home yesterday to visit the baby, my ex thinking everything was okay. Girlfriends mother confronted my ex about what happened months ago, about telling her not to come to her home if she was going to be disrespecting her home. Totally caught my ex by surprise. My ex is extremely hurt about this because we had already moved on. What can i do or what can my ex do? My ex has crying uncontrollably. I spoke to the girfriends mom and she said no body is going to speak to her daughter that way. I told her all this was in the past, apparently not. What can we do? We hate all the tension and we just want to get along with her side of the family, and we would also like to see our grandchild. Thank you.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the tension in the life of your ex. The past does need to stay in the past. The best thing to do is to leave the issue alone. It is odd for the mother of the girlfriend to act the way she did out of nowhere. She may have her own issues and just took them out on your ex even though your ex did nothing wrong. Your ex should not take it personal. People act "ugly" for all sorts of reasons. You and your ex should continue to be loving and supportive parents of your son and grandchild and continue to be respectful to your son's girlfriend and parents even if they do not act that way in return. You will feel better in the long run.
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience: Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor