proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

My ex husband is emotionally and verbally abusive! He has

My ex husband is emotionally and verbally abusive! He has locked children in car and allows his girlfriend to threaten them and throw phone at my oldest! I've told their counselor this and she thinks I'm alienating the kids! Now my soon to be 12 year old told me her dad always Walks in on her and her sister when dressing and that he asked her to take a bath with her sister so he could take pictures! I'm afraid of telling their counselor in fear that she will say I'm alienating kids! She has also said to me that there is nothing I can do if they are abused emotionally or verbally! Until he leaves bruises on them I can't do a thing! Help!
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
The counselor is ALL WRONG. Bruises do not have to be left for abuse to occur. Emotional abuse and neglect do not leave bruises. What you need to due immediately is to call your local child abuse hotline. Report to them all that you know. They will start the investigation. Your husband is totally in the wrong!!! Protect the safety of your children asap. This is a serious matter.