proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

I have a beautiful 2 yr old granddaughter who has been in our

Customer Question

I have a beautiful 2 yr old granddaughter who has been in our home from day one. My daughter who just turned 21 it not making good decisions when it comes to her daughter at least we think she is not. She loves her daughter but just isn't thinking of her needs before her own wants. She has moved her daughter out of our home at least 3 times. She is currently dragging her to stay at the newest boyfriends place. sometimes she will even drag her out of bed at 11XXXXXto his home. My husband and I try very hard to give our granddaughter a routine. dinner - bath- play time most days when we have her that includes at least a 1/2 hr of running and hiding her favorite game - Bed time trying to set some time of consistency/stability for her. Any suggestion on how to address this situation? I know that%
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.

Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the problems that you are experiencing with your daughter. It does sound like you are a very loving and supportive parent and grand parent. You must continue to keep the lines of communication open and honest between you and your daughter. You must also be firm and consistent with her in her decisions as long as she is living under your roof. Tell her that she needs to be a positive role model for her daughter and that you would be willing to watch and care for her daughter while she goes over to her boyfriend's house. If she comes and goes as she pleases with her two year old at all hours, she is simply displaying a lack of maturity. Does she work? Is she employed? You must guide her into making better decisions. Tell her what you expect from her as a mother. Remind her of how she was raised and the sacrifices that you made for her. Hopefully, she is not taking advantage of living with you. As an adult with a child, she must act like an adult. The teen years are behind her. It is unfortunate that she had a child so young but she must aspire to make something more out of her life. Professional counseling is also another option for her if simply talking to her gives no results.

If you need more advice, just ask!!!!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here