How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask proexpert37 Your Own Question

proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 1374
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
proexpert37 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 15-year-old daughter is completely out of control. She

Customer Question

My 15-year-old daughter is completely out of control. She does whatever she wants. She has run away numerous times. She very often cuts school, misses classes, does not complete assignments, and is extremely disrespectful to school personnel and me. I have gone to Parent Project to find ways to deal with her behavior. Nothing is helping and everything is getting worse. She lies to me about everything and does not understand the long term consequences of her behavior. I really need to know what I can do to help her get back on track.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the problems that you are having with your daughter. Is she an only child? Has she always behaved in such a manner? Are both parents in the home? What are her friends like? Are you involved in church? Do you have any family support? Thanks!!!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
She has one older brother and one older sister. She started behaving this way around seventh grade. She is now in ninth grade. Her father left about one and a half years ago. She has no "real friends" but the people she hangs out with at school and she says are her friends are a very bad influence on her. There has been church involvement in the past, but she no longer wants to particiapte in any of it and has had some bad situations occur with church activities as well as far as getting involved wtih the wrong type of people. There has been some family support but that also did not work out.
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for responding. It is not easy being the youngest child. Also, your daughter may have some deeply rooted emotional pain about her father leaving from a while ago. It sounds as though ever since she entered the teen age years, her life has gone astray. It is hard for you being a single parent with a disrespectful child. Have you ever thought of professional counseling? Your daughter could receive on going counseling and so could you. Unfortunately, her choice of "friends" is not helping the situation. At an extreme level if you can afford it, you can always send her away to a boarding school or a boot camp type school.


Hope this provides a little insight. If you need more assistance, just ask!!! Have a great day!!!Laughing

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
She has aleady been in counseling as well and that was not helpful. I cannot afford to send her anywhere nor do we any longer have medical insurance so that I can obtain any other counseling for her.
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately, the burden falls on you. You MUST step up to the plate even though you may feel like the bad guy here. With regards to school, you must sit down with your daughter, her counselors, and her teachers and possibly an administrator and discuss her school issues. Everybody must be on the same page. Your daughter needs to know that school personnel supports her positive efforts and will back her up when she does well. At home, limit all of her fun activities until she starts to show a change. She needs to feel as though she is in jail. No phone time. No texting. No computer time. She must earn her privileges back and you need to tell her that as well. She may rant and rave and may even curse at you but STAY IN CONTROL. Do you think she would behave better if she went to love with her father? If that option is available, you may want to pursue it. She may respond differently to her dad than with you. Oh..also, there are psychologists available at school that you can request your daughter to see. That might do her a world of good.

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
< Previous | Next >
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther Woodstock, NY
  • Thank you so much for taking your time and knowledge to support my concerns. Not only did you answer my questions, you even took it a step further with replying with more pertinent information I needed to know. Robin Elkton, Maryland
  • He answered my question promptly and gave me accurate, detailed information. If all of your experts are half as good, you have a great thing going here. Diane Dallas, TX

Meet The Experts:

  • Rafael M.T.Therapist

    Rafael M.T.Therapist

    Family Counselor

    Satisfied Customers:

    MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
< Last | Next >
  • Rafael M.T.Therapist's Avatar

    Rafael M.T.Therapist

    Family Counselor

    Satisfied Customers:

    MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
  • Cher's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Extensive Experience working with Children/Teens; M.A. Teacher/Tutor 40+ yrs.; Parent of 2
  • Jennifer's Avatar


    School Psychologist

    Satisfied Customers:

    Collaborative parent consultation on everything from modifying behavior to child development.
  • professional_Alison's Avatar


    Child Care

    Satisfied Customers:

    Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare
  • Dr. L's Avatar

    Dr. L


    Satisfied Customers:

    Licensed as psychologist and marriage and family therapist
  • Dr. Shirley Schaye's Avatar

    Dr. Shirley Schaye


    Satisfied Customers:

    PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy
  • Eveningstargazer's Avatar


    Family Counselor

    Satisfied Customers:

    Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)

Related Parenting Questions