proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

I have a 13 year old son who is defiant in every way possible

I have a 13 year old son who is defiant in every way possible towards me and his father. To say we are at our wits end is an understatement. I am trying to find a reliable counselor/therapist for him. We were told at one time when he was younger he was ADD but at this age he would have grown out of it. If there is any chance this is still an issue I would like one person to handle all aspects. Not one doctor to administer meds but not talk to him. Any thoughts or suggestions? We live in the Northwest side of Houston (290 & Beltway)
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
He may have ODD...Oppositional Defiant Disorder ..which does relate to ADD. Since he goes against everything you say, this might be the reason. You can always contact your son's pediatrician for a referral to a psychologist who can evaluate him further and thoroughly. Also, he may not have outgrown his ADD.