Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Family Counselor
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach

My daughter lies and denies all the time. If I say something

Customer Question

My daughter lies and denies all the time. If I say something like, go to your room for a minute while I run your bath, she'll sneak over to my husband and ask tell him that I asked him to turn on the computer for her. This is just a small example of the kind of shenanigans she pulls. Then she'll say, "I didn't know" and act all sad. She DOES know better. She's driving me nutty. I just can't handle the whining and complaining about everything I ask her to do. Any ideas?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the frustrations that you are having with your daughter. How old is she? Is she your only child? How is her behavior at school? Thanks!!!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
She's 10 years old, she's an only child. Her behavior at school is actually improving, it's not so bad.
Hello...Does your daughter lie with just you more so than your husband? Who had the closer relationship with you daughter, you or your husband? Have you already addressed this situation with your husband? What was the result? Just trying to get a clearer picture of the entire situation. Thanks.