Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Family Counselor
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

I am serverly overwhelmed right now. My mother has always been

Customer Question

I am serverly overwhelmed right now. My mother has always been moody and i grew up with my parents fighting all the time. My mother always acted out with moods and everyone catered to her. My daughter is now 9 and yesterday at a family dinner, my mother was in a mood and i watched my daughter appease her to try to get her out of a mood. I was devastated. I didnt say anything till we left. and my daughter said she knew it too and was just trying to make her grandmother happy. I wanted to cry. what do i do. if i mention this to my mother she will explode at me.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 5 years ago.
How dare you subject your child to your emotionally abusive mother. Your number one priority is to protect your child. Just because you don't have enough courage to stand up to your mother doesn't mean you should put your daughter in that position. Really??? You daughter is trying to get her out of a mood??? That is sad and poor judgment on your part.