proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

Hi, My 3.5 year old son refuses to poo in the toilet or

My 3.5 year old son refuses to poo in the toilet or the potty. He insists on using a diaper. If this is refused, he will not poo that day! What can we do to encourage him to use the toilet? He has no problem using the toilet to pee.

Thank you.
Hello and Thank you for using Just Answer. Your son will poop in the potty when HE wants to. This is a very common concern from parents. As a parent, you cannot really force him if he is not interested. However, try making him wear regular underwear and see what happens when he needs to poop. Get him some really cool underwear with neat characters that he likes and tell him to keep the underwear clean and poop in the potty. See how that works for a while. If you need more advice, let me know.