Hello and Thank you for using Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the temperature problems in your baby. The normal ranges for temperatures are 97.9-100.4 rectally and 96.4-100.4 in the ear. If your baby has the following symptoms, he/she needs to see a doctor immediately:
1. 105 degree fever or higher
2. 104 degree fever or higher that does not come down after 4 to 6 hours of home treatment
3. 102 to 104 fever for more than 12 hours
4. 100.4 to 102 fever for more than 24 to 48 hours.
Also if your baby
1. Has a fever with a seizure
2. Has fast and difficult breathing
3. Has an inability to swallow
4. Vomits and has diarrhea
5. Is not drinking enough fluids
6. Has ear pain
7. Has any new severe pain
Then you need to see the pediatrician. To be on the safe side, you may want to be a visit to the pediatrician to ease your concerns.