proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

A good friend of mine who lives overseas - her son committed

A good friend of mine who lives overseas - her son committed suicide last week - how do I word a condoence letter?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello... I am sorry for the loss of your friend's son. How long have you known this friend? When do you need the letter completed by? Please let me know . Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This fiend is actually the sister of my oldest friend - I well remember when this son was born - however as she lives overseas I have not seen her for a couple of years - my sister lives in the same town as this friend and is like family to her and her sister.
I would like to take some time to think of the most perfect words to express your sympathy. I will begin working on the letter. Thank you.

I would like to express my sincere and heartfelt condolences on the recent passing of your son. May his soul rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.

(name of son)'s suicide has come as a shock to all of us. I remember when he was born. Oh, what a happy and beautiful baby he was! God truly blessed you with a wonderful son who became a fine and respected young man. I know that it is hard to understand why (name of son) would have taken his own life, but know in your heart that he has found the peace that he could not find in life. God has a plan for us all no matter how hard it may be for us to realize now.

Although there is a great distance between us, please still let me know if there is anything that I can do no matter how big or small to help you and your family during

this great time of need. Although no comfort will ever be enough to replace your loss, I will light as candle in memory of your son.

May God Bless You,

(your name)

Hope this helps. If they are non believers in God, then I will have to adapt the letter to their beliefs. Thank you.