proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

I have a doughter that is 1 year 6 months. Up until this age

I have a doughter that is 1 year 6 months. Up until this age she has been a GREAT baby. Now she cries and screems if she does not get what she wants.

At what age should we star discipling a child?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello...exactly what type of discipline methods do you think would best suit you and your child? For example some parents believe in little taps on the rear and others only give verbal reprimands.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

That is my dilema. Between verbal or a little taps on the rear? She understand when i tell her no but does not seem to obey.

It depends on what you feel most comfortable with as to which discipline method to use. Children at your daughter's age understand what NO means. But the goal of discipline is to teach. When your daughter misbehaves, always teach her the way she should be acting. Sometimes she may continue to cry for attention. Walk away and do not give in to everything that she wants. She cannot express her frustrations verbally and has no other way to communicate but to cry. Disciplining a children is a never ending process. She will start to obey when she realizes that crying isn't getting her much of anything but verbal redirection, verbal reprimands, and an occasional tap on the rear.