Bonnie
Bonnie, Psychologist
Experience:  and pediatric nurse practitioner with 30 years of experience counseling parents.
37122071

My son is 16. He was at the movies with friends. I went by

My son is 16. He was at the movies with friends. I went by to leave him some money in his car and found his 15 year old friend in the backseat, mostly undressed, with a girl. How do you think I should handle?
Dear Customer,
You handled that perfectly. I am really impressed that the boy called to apologize. That says a lot about his character. The embarrassment he suffered is probably enough punishment. You were able to express your values and advice. So other than talk to your son about these values, I don't think you need to do any more. I am sure you will be more vigilant about the use of his car for while and ask more questions about plans. It will take these boys some time to win back your trust.

Good job!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you-do you think I should tell his parents? I haven't because I felt like it would prevent the kids from trusting me with issues in the future. But, I just can't decide if I'm doing the right thing by not telling his parents.

I agree that you should not tell his parents for exactly the same reason.