Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Parenting Book Author, 13+ years of experience.

My ex and I have a 3 month old, which Im breastfeeding. He

My ex and I have a 3 month old, which I'm breastfeeding. He lives in another state (approx 3 hrs away), and would like to take our child for weekend visitation. Is it best for the child to begin bonding on these overnights, or should they wait? The father's family is trying to force me to pump breastmilk, but I think it is too early to start these overnight visits.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 5 years ago.

Your child is still very young and undertaking these long trips may not be the healthier both for you or the child at this time.

It is always a good thing to have the family involved in the child's life but there ought to be some consideration for the child's age and the distance you've got to travel. If he or his family wants to spend more time with the child, they have to try and make some of those trips and not ask you to do that all of the time.