How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask proexpert37 Your Own Question

proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 1374
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
proexpert37 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am finding it increasingly difficult being a single parent.

Customer Question

I am finding it increasingly difficult being a single parent. Two children with autistic tenadancies and no proper guidance. An 18year old who tries to help but i know its not fair on her. I just get by on a day to day basis with arguments, fighting, tantrums etc..I work full time and am very tired, their father (my ex) who had an affair now living with his girlfrriend who says she cant cope with the boys all the time hence they cant sleep over is useless, and is very sexist tells me i do nothing because i got to work so im not really looking after his two children.... I have my own ill health and get limited breaks from caring. 2 hours wed and fri then 6 hours sunday. sleep overs once every six wks if that!!!, its only if he has not scheduled one of his gigs.... Im so fed up...and tired. No extended family that live near by so myself and children are very isolated. guess thats why they have sociial and emotional difficulties.....its so much now i dont want to do it anymore....we have been involved with psychologists, but dont feel like we have been given any guidance and support at all.  The kids dont like going and dont want to get involved, so dont say much when we have gone... i feel like i am the only one who understands whats going on but no ones listening because they dont know what to do...i am so isolated and lonely.  i love my kids, but feel i have nothing to give them...
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello my friend. How old are your children with autism. Does your husband provide enough child support to cover the needs of your children?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi there, the children have not been officially diagnosed with Autism. They have been described as having "social and emotional difficulties" with traits of austistic tendencies. No official diagnosis given hence very little help, support or guidance. I have been given £100 per child since splitting with their father. We were never married. They are 12 now (twin boys). We separated in 2006.


Hope this helps...



Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
I have been swamped and in and out of the office. I will have more time this weekend to answer your question as I will be away from my computer for the rest of the day.
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.

You should seek further evaluation from a psychlogist or even your children's pediatrician regarding your twin boys. You have so much to offer your children. You are a very loving mother who cares deeply about their personal well being. If they are displaying many autistic tendencies, they may be autistic. Why haven't they been diagnosed as such? There are a wealth of resources available for parents with special needs children. You must take the first step and get out there and fight for the needs of your children no matter what their needs may be. Be proactive. Your children have the right to receive any type of help that they need for their emotional and social problems. Try another psychologist. Get a different opinion. Join a parent support group for children with emotional and social problems and another group for single parents. You need support since you do not have family support. You can not do this alone and that is what you have been doing and that is why you are so hard on yourself. There is a light at the end of this tunnel. Ask if you need more advice. Have a great day!!!

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
< Previous | Next >
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther Woodstock, NY
  • Thank you so much for taking your time and knowledge to support my concerns. Not only did you answer my questions, you even took it a step further with replying with more pertinent information I needed to know. Robin Elkton, Maryland
  • He answered my question promptly and gave me accurate, detailed information. If all of your experts are half as good, you have a great thing going here. Diane Dallas, TX

Meet The Experts:

  • Rafael M.T.Therapist

    Rafael M.T.Therapist

    Family Counselor

    Satisfied Customers:

    MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
< Last | Next >
  • Rafael M.T.Therapist's Avatar

    Rafael M.T.Therapist

    Family Counselor

    Satisfied Customers:

    MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
  • Cher's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Extensive Experience working with Children/Teens; M.A. Teacher/Tutor 40+ yrs.; Parent of 2
  • Jennifer's Avatar


    School Psychologist

    Satisfied Customers:

    Collaborative parent consultation on everything from modifying behavior to child development.
  • professional_Alison's Avatar


    Child Care

    Satisfied Customers:

    Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare
  • Dr. L's Avatar

    Dr. L


    Satisfied Customers:

    Licensed as psychologist and marriage and family therapist
  • Dr. Shirley Schaye's Avatar

    Dr. Shirley Schaye


    Satisfied Customers:

    PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy
  • Eveningstargazer's Avatar


    Family Counselor

    Satisfied Customers:

    Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)

Related Parenting Questions