proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

I am the mom of a 27 month boy. He has been going through a

I am the mom of a 27 month boy. He has been going through a daddy phase since he was 1 years old. He started by wanting daddy more than mommy but now he doesn't want me at all. He pushes me and kicks me to get rid of me... He doesn't want me to touch him or even cook his food... I am heartbroken over this. I tried having my husband drop him off at daycare instead of me and I pick him up, I've had my husband do the dicipline instead of me when he's acting out. I've tried to be very patient with him and understand where he is coming from but to no avail. I know he loves me but I'm not sure what I am doing wrong or what is going on... PLEASE HELP!!
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello...Who spends more fun and quality play time with your son?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do. I am the one who will run after him and pretend with him and get on the floor to play.
Just to ease your worries and frustrations, you are not doing anything wrong. Many mothers go through these feelings and get very hurt and depressed. Children go through phases of who their "favorite" parent is. Just continue to provide the loving and nuturing feelings that only a mother can provide to her child. Attempt to have you and your husband spend time together as a family doing fun and silly things with your son like playing chasing games and Hide and Go Seek. All of you can sit down together and even read a story. Don't hand over all of your time to your husband. You continue to help in the discipline and day care routines. Your son will "come back" to you. Just give him time. Appreciate the fact that your son is a willing participant in your son's life. I am sure that you love your husband. Relish in the fact that also your son wants to spend this time with Daddy who is such a great role model. Just take a deep breath and be patient. Your son still loves you much more than you realize.