proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

Which is the best learning system for kids in english . I need

Which is the best learning system for kids in english . I need something not for reading but mainly for talking. Thanks
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 3 years ago.
Hello..Are you looking for a program to learn the letter names, how to read simple 3 letter words or another program that teaches the names of the objects or how to say phrases in English? What age is your child?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
my child is 3.5 years old,but english is not
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
my child is 3.5 years old,but english is not mother language. I am looking for a program/game/software that can teach him basic english from start .
Does your child know the names of the letters and the sounds? Is that where you would like to start from?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't know if this will help. My aim is that he will be able to communicate in English in 3-4 months when he starts daycare.
3 to 4 months is a very quick time to become fluent in another language. However, if there are individuals in the home that speak English, then they need to speak to your child all of the time in English. Your child needs to be surrounded by the language but it must also be fun. You can even incorporate English into your child's daily life by showing Disney movies, English tv shows geared toward your child's age, and even cartoons. Child sing a longs are also very appropriate. I would not recommend that your child be presented with computer software programs because the desired attention span will not be sustainable. There are a lot of programs that cost hundreds of dollars but I would not recommend wasting money on any of them. As long as your child is submersed in hearing the English language on a daily basis, his basic interpersonal communication skills will develop and he will gradually begin speaking. The first step is listening and then the speaking skills will come as greater confidence develops.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No one in the family is speaking English fluently. Also I don't want to talk to him in English with accent,also I can't imagine how he can pick up the language if he doesn't understand the movies/not to mention he is doing that the last 6 months/. I am not expecting him to be fluent in English for 4-5 months but to be ready to go to child care .
That's why I am willing to spend some USD for books or games and my question was which one you would recommend not if I need to purchase one .

Thank you for providing me with your background. Sesame Street has always been a great show to watch but since your child has already been watching television shows then I would like to suggest an alternative. Excellent and child friendly educational software for children from infants on up are the programs by Jumpstart...the publisher is Knowledge Adventure. There is one specifically called Jumpstart Preschool and another called Jumpstart Preschool Advanced. Your children will learn English as pre reading, letters, shapes, numbers, colors, differences, sequencing, counting, qualities, spatial relationships, listening skills, music, vocabulary, and phonics are addressed.Smile

Another more advanced and much more expensive software program is the Rosetta Stone for kids. This would be better for your child when he/she start regular school as it is a little more advanced but you could still check out level 1. Also children's literature books that are accompanied by a CD that goes with the story are also excellent when played several times so that the English language can be heard.

Hope these suggestions help. Have a great day!!!!

proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience: Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor