How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask proexpert37 Your Own Question

proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 1374
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
proexpert37 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi I have a 17 year old daughter who is always lippy and

This answer was rated:


I have a 17 year old daughter who is always lippy and she does not help around the house much, she is not doing well acedemically as well and she does not even keep her room tidy, she does not follow instructions well and when instructions are repeated she is rebellious. I have made threats that I shall report her to social services but this does not help too. I want to be her friend but she always argues. I don't know what to do with her or her behaviour. She spends all her time in her room and only comes down when she has to and even than we have an argument. I try to meet her half way but she has no reps t for me at all.
Hello..Are you the mom or dad? Are both parents in the house? Is she an only child? Has she always behaved like this? What are her friends like?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am the mum
My husband is with us . I have 2 sons and she is the 2 nd child. She has been behaving like this since she was 14 and I have been taking things away from her ( punishing her so that she learns her lessons). She has good friends but o feel she has lost her self-confidence and hence over does it with her make as well when she goes out. If confronted she will say it looks fine and if taken away from her she will buy it with her lunch money instead. Does she need theory?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I meant to say therepy
What do you take away from her that she buys with her own lunch money? I missed that part. What are her grades REALLY like? Why does she feel she has no self confidence?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have taken her makeup from her as she always over does it and then she buys it from her lunch money. I have also taken her laptop & phone away coz I felt she use to spend alot of time on it and it effected her college work. She use to go to a private school and she decided to go to a sixth form college to do her A levels . She passed her GCSE not with flying colours She got A, 5 B's ,C. She has sat her exams in January and we should get her results on 10th march . She has put on some weight and that is the reason she gives that she puts on her makeup to make her feel good . Lately she is doing something about her weight but I feel she is not sticking to it and if pointed put to her we end up arguing. Also if I say that she is not doing enough college work she will say she had been doing work at school but her grades don't reflect that at all. To me basically she does not work hard enough even in the parents evening she was told she schools look over her work but I can't see her doing that at home and she says that she does in her fertile at college.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am using an iPhone so some words cum out a bit weird
Hello my friend. For you to say that you wanted to report your daughter to social services makes me feel that the situation is extremely unbearable with your daughter and her actions. There are many issues going on with your daughter: her self confidence, weight issues, school, and family relationship problems. If you have tried your hardest to enforce consequences and she still behaves in inappropriate manners then the next step could be to seek professional assistance from a counselor, therapist, or psychologist. Your daughter needs to be motivated about many aspects of her life. She needs to develop coping strategies to assist her. She can receive intervention and assistance in a non threatening environment with a professional who has been trained to deal with her problem areas. If more advice is needed, just ask.
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 1374
Experience: Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
proexpert37 and other Parenting Specialists are ready to help you

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
< Previous | Next >
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther Woodstock, NY
  • Thank you so much for taking your time and knowledge to support my concerns. Not only did you answer my questions, you even took it a step further with replying with more pertinent information I needed to know. Robin Elkton, Maryland
  • He answered my question promptly and gave me accurate, detailed information. If all of your experts are half as good, you have a great thing going here. Diane Dallas, TX

Meet The Experts:

  • Rafael M.T.Therapist

    Rafael M.T.Therapist

    Family Counselor

    Satisfied Customers:

    MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
< Last | Next >
  • Rafael M.T.Therapist's Avatar

    Rafael M.T.Therapist

    Family Counselor

    Satisfied Customers:

    MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
  • Cher's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Extensive Experience working with Children/Teens; M.A. Teacher/Tutor 40+ yrs.; Parent of 2
  • Jennifer's Avatar


    School Psychologist

    Satisfied Customers:

    Collaborative parent consultation on everything from modifying behavior to child development.
  • professional_Alison's Avatar


    Child Care

    Satisfied Customers:

    Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare
  • Dr. L's Avatar

    Dr. L


    Satisfied Customers:

    Licensed as psychologist and marriage and family therapist
  • Dr. Shirley Schaye's Avatar

    Dr. Shirley Schaye


    Satisfied Customers:

    PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy
  • Eveningstargazer's Avatar


    Family Counselor

    Satisfied Customers:

    Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)

Related Parenting Questions