Bonnie, Psychologist
Experience:  and pediatric nurse practitioner with 30 years of experience counseling parents.

My daughers father had a stroke in 2008 on both sides of the

Customer Question

My daughers' father had a stroke in 2008 on both sides of the lobe. Since then his memory is getting worse. This concerns me because he called me one day and asked me what is the exit I get off for our meeting place to get the kids? We have been meeting at this place for one year. I am concerned that his stroke has impaired his memory. I am concerned about his ability to recall while the children are in his care. What should I do?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Bonnie replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for consulting JA,

The cell phone is a great idea and informing the social worker. Keep a log (with dates) of these events and anything the children are noticing. Look for an increase in the events. Then share the log with representatives of the court who are responsible for making decisions about visitation (i.e., Guardian ad litum, court commissioner, etc). They will need to see some documentation from a doctor who evaluates his memory.

Hope this helps...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can a family lawyer request a neurological examination with sufficient documentation?
Expert:  Bonnie replied 5 years ago.
I am not sure about who exactly requests it....need to ask the legal experts.