proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

my child is 18 months old, she has been knowing the alphabet

my child is 18 months old, she has been knowing the alphabet , upper and lowercase, for two months now , she can read/recognized over 70 words, she names at least 30 animals, 8 colours, counbts to 10, 7 shapes etc.... what advice are giving to me to do with her. she likes to be quizzed, or me writing words on a pad etc... it is not like a force her .... i think it is my duty to foster her qualities .. the nursery doesnt seem to do much, frist nursery didnt even notice she can do all this things
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello my friend. Do you have a specific question that I can assist you with today?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i want to make sure her needs i met, so i need some advice

Hello..It is wonderful that your child is so advanced. You have discovered that not all nursery schools are academically oriented. Some are geared toward developing social skills and have lots of play time while others are much more academic. You have to decide what is best for your child. Also because children are all different and develop at different rates, as the parent you will have to keep her mentally stimulated and challenged in areas where the child care or school is lacking. Keep doing what you are doing. Your child will greatly benefit. It sounds like she is gifted if she keeps developing at that rate. However make sure she has ample play time as well.